In 1945 the legendary industrialist, Mr. S. Anantharama Krishnan and his fast growing Amalgamations group acquired the Company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Simpsons & Co. Ltd. Later that year George Oakes Limited acquired Gordon Woodroffe Motors Limited and moved its headquarters to Chennai. During this period the Company was the sole distributor of Ford cars in South India. For over 50 years, adhering to its philosophy of offering customers the very best, George Oakes has taken up for distribution only those brands, which conform to the highest quality standards. Today it holds agency lines of 18 top notch brands. Further, to constantly improve the level of service to its customers- fleet operators, garage owners and the traders, the Company has continuously expanded its branch network.