In the year 1947, Mr. N. Balusamy Chettiar, father of Mr. Balarama Govinda Das, Mr. Ba Ramesh and Mr. N.B. Kumar started a proprietorship concern as Balu Jewellery having its office at 14 Swami Sandhi Street, Madurai. In the year 1979-80, Mr. N. Balusamy Chettiar handed over all the business of proprietary concern to his sons namely, Mr. Balarama Govinda Das, Mr. Ba. Ramesh and Mr. N.B. Kumar. The Company was originally incorporated on March 24, 2000 as a private limited company. The name of the Company was changed to Thangamayil Jewellery Limited upon conversion into public limited company with effect from November 20, 2007 and a fresh certificate of incorporation was obtained from Registrar of Companies, Chennai.